could i pay someone to take over my body who actually knows how to look after it so they can like. make me healthy again and then let me take over once i’m fit n healthy
You mean a personal trainer and a nutritionist
no i mean some sort of supernatural being who can do literally all of the work for me
So like the ghost of a personal trainer and nutritionist
You mean a yeerk
Proof that Tumblr is filled with psychopaths
people on this website try too hard to look badass or edgy I swear
People always make Juliet out to be dumb in Romeo and Juliet, but I think she at least had some sense where Romeo didn't have much of any
- Romeo: I was thinking about this chick earlier who I said I was in love with but now I love that girl over there that is very likely to either belong to my family's enemy or be close with my family's enemy as it is their party I am crashing
- Juliet: I do not like being so young and forced into a relationship with an older man, but oh there's a cute guy more my age over there. And since he's here he must have been invited and is there for a reasonable love match for myself
- Romeo: We should kiss right now at this party
- Juliet: No that is a super dumb idea
- Romeo: *kisses her anyway*
- Juliet: That was dumb of you
- Romeo: We should get married right now
- Juliet: We don't know each other. Shouldn't we wait until at least a little time has passed?
- Romeo: Like tomorrow?
- Juliet: Sure, fine.
- Juliet: We're married now, so we have to try and make things better between our families.
- Romeo: Right.
- Romeo: It seems I have killed your cousin and am now exiled.
- Juliet: Ok so since Romeo fucked up I'm gonna fix this shit by taking a harmless sleeping liquid. He'll come and get me and we can go away together.
- Romeo: *immediately kills himself*
- Juliet: For fucks sake.
Andrew Wakefield, the doctor who claimed there was a link between autism and vaccines, changed the data of his research and falsified his documents to prove his theory. He was banned from practicing medicine and labeled an “elaborate fraud” in 2010. Source
ALWAYS FUCKING REBLOG
AND CALVIN IS WITH THE GIRL THAT HATED HIM ASFHAGS
im crying a lil bit
I need this in my tumblr forever.
is anyone gonna talk about how his kids name is bacon???
HE’S WITH SUZIE THAT WAS MY CHILDHOOD OTP
..this is real.
who names their kid bacon
Calvin and Hobbes were Reformation-era philosophers, as was Frances Bacon. I’m better his daughter’s name is actually Frances, but he calls her by the appropriate last name of the philosopher, just as Calvin and Hobbes are last names.
OH THE FEELS! THE ABSOLUTE FEELS!
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH. MY. GAAAAAAAAAWD.
I’M FREKING OUT
OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS
THIS IS FANTASTIC IM SO HYPED
IT’S EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMED
NOT ONLY IS THE PREMISE OF THE GAME THAT YOU ESSENTIALLY WRITE MODS FOR IT
IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW, IT TEACHES YOU HOW
AND IF THEY REACH THEIR LAST STRETCH GOAL THEY’RE GONNA ADD CUSTOMIZABLE LIFE
IM SO GIDDY I CAN GIVE MYSELF GOOSEBUMPS BY THINKING ABOUT IT
This is a thing
Oh, hey, thanks past me! I needed this.
In case anyone was wondering
I am still stupidly excited about this
- duolingo // learn languages for free
- rhymezone // type in a word and find words that rhyme
- onelook // reverse dictionary
- hemingwayapp // check your essay for readability
- thesaurus // find synonyms, antonyms and more
- planetebook & gutenberg // free ebooks
- coursera // free online courses
- realtimeboard // a virtual pinboard
- pianotte & imslp // free piano sheet music
- tunefind // find songs used in movies and tv shows
- tothebestof // listen to the top 10 songs of any band or musical artist
- omgcatz // download 8tracks playlists
- tags.goose // mass tumblr tag replacer
- colorpicker // helps you choose #hex colours
- wordmark // helps you decide on fonts from your computer
- iemoji // copy+paste tool for ios emojis on browsers
- simpledesktops & subtlepatterns // simple desktop backgrounds
- fount // identify fonts on websites
- dafont & googlefonts // places to find lots of fonts
- wigflip // pixel speech bubble generator
- myfridgefood // check what stuff you have in your fridge and get some recipe ideas
- roadtrippers // tool to plan a roadtrip across america
- recitethis // turn a quote into a masterpiece
- letterboxd // organize the movies you’ve watched, loved and plan on watching
- soundrown // listen to various calming sounds
Girls pose by a jail that recalls the witch trials of 1692 in Salem, Massachusetts. Photo taken in 1945.
I recently learned that the water in Salem was contaminated with the fungus from which LSD is derived and a legitimate theory for the whole thing is that everyone in the town was tripping balls
This might be the greatest thing ive ever seen on the internet
We did a whole massive thing on this in history. I believe the fungus in question is called Ergot and it’s terrifying. It makes your muscles spasm so when they had seizures that was the reason, not because they were possessed. One woman had to be strapped to her bed, she was seizing so bad. And, like ‘theybuildbuildings’ said, it had the same effects as LSD; as soon as you touch it, let alone consume it, it messes with your entire system. The worst thing is, you practically always had a bad trip. Many complained about bugs crawling under their skin or monsters emerging from the shadows to scratch and bite at them until they were screaming. It was a horrendous thing and the worst part is, Ergot is still around. It grows on crops and, if your wheat isn’t properly treated, it can be eaten and you’ll most likely experience the same as the women of Salem.
god i love history
This is hella cool and almost correct…
The effects on the people of Salem were probably from consuming bread with the fungus in it, not from contaminated water. And apparently rye is way more commonly affected than wheat. In fact, often the members of the clergy were able to afford nicer bread made from wheat and thus were not as commonly affected.
You don’t go on a spasm-y trip just by touching it. You have to consume it for weeks, which results in chronic poisoning. ( If you stop eating it early enough, you may recover. So when people suffering from these “demonic possessions” took refuge in churches and stopped eating low-grade rye bread they were sometimes miraculously healed.
More interesting facts:
Ergot poisoning can result in convulsions & hallucinations, or it can cause gangrene, depending on which group of active alkaloids are present. (Horrifying, either way.) It killed a lot of people in Europe in the Middle Ages.
In Europe, often there was a strong correlation between wet summers (which provide ideal conditions for ergot) and reports of witchcraft/ possession. And in Norway and Scotland, records of witch persecution are only found in areas where rye was grown and used to make bread.
And I just learned right now that one author dude translated the word “Beowulf” as “barley-wolf” which could indicate a connection to ergot. The LSD-like effects could be a valid explanation for stories of Old Norse warriors going into the a sort of trancelike battle rage.
(this is exactly the kind of stuff my
herbologymedicinal plants class is about, it’s so cool omfg. we had a lecture on ergot last week.)